Description: Vol. 1. Overturned outhouses, slough-stomping to bring in ornery milk cows, an accidental fire, and misinterpreted hand signals during harvest are among the hilarious adventures captured in this collection of short stories and poems by Prairie writers. The pranks, plights, and pleasures of living and working on the farm come to the forefront through this delightful book immortalizing some of the unplanned yet comical events experienced on family farms across Western Canada and beyond.
Contributing writers are: Jean F. Fahlman, Peter Foster, Elisa Jackson, Gerry (Kewley) Procychyn, Jean (Smart) Tiefenbach, Keith Foster, Clara Puddell, Eleanor Sinclair, Mary Harelkin Bishop, Laurie Lynn Muirhead, Leo Moline, Allan Jackson, Dexter van Dyke, Carrie Ann Schemenauer, Theodore Mikolayenko, Melvin Moline, Bryce Burnett, Marlene Hunter, Janice Howden, Marion Mutala, Ed Olfert, and Peter W. Colbeck.
A donation from Fun on the Farm books sold will be made to the Lung Association of Saskatchewan.
ISBN 978-1-92757030-2; 5.5″w x 8.5″h; 128 pages; 19 photos.
© 2016; Ages 13 to Adult; Nonfiction; Anecdotes; Humour; Prairie Provinces, Canadian history; Fun; Canadian; Farming; Rural life; Family life; Prairie authors; Saskatchewan Lung Association.
Responses from Readers:
- “This is one of the greatest books. I’ve never laughed so much in my life! I can’t wait to get the second one in the series.”
- “One of my favourite stories is ‘Mrs. Anderson’ (by Bryce Burnett). I would have liked her.”
- “You did a great job on this book. After reading it and seeing what others submitted, I have a few stories to tell for Fun on the Farm Too.”
- “The ‘Thanksgiving Memory’ poem made me burst out laughing.”
- “What a fun book! My parents will love this!”