Description: Seeds of Hope is an award-winning novel from the best-selling author of the Tunnels of Moose Jaw Adventures including Next Stop – Chicago. Seeds of Hope tells the story of 10-year-old Danny, who loves the farm and the prairie and wants to be a farmer. Danny wishes the town bully would just leave him alone, though. Not only that, but Papa and Grandpa are talking about selling and moving away. Danny is worried. Are things that bad on the farm? What if Papa decides to sell? What will happen to Danny and his family? This is a companion novel to Mistasinîy: Buffalo Rubbing Stone.
Awards/Honours: Finalist, Children’s Literature, 2009 Saskatchewan Book Awards;
Honourable Mention, Teenage/Young Adult, 2009 Nashville Book Festival;
Honourable Mention, Teenage, 2008 London Book Festival
ISBN 978-0-9810394-1-1; 5.25″w x 7.5″h; 176 pages; cover art by Christine Elmgren; 10 illustrations by Dani Driver. © 2008; Ages 10 and Up; Children’s fiction; Saskatchewan agriculture; Saskatchewan history; Education; Literacy; Bullying; Co-operation; Farm life; Rural life; Family farming; Education; Learning resources; Prairie Provinces; Saskatchewan author; Canadian.
Responses from Readers:
- “I loved this book. Realistic and very enjoyable.”
- “What a great book – for kids and for adults! I loved it!”
- “Mary Harelkin Bishop’s character are refreshing in their honesty and resilience in the face of great odds.”
- “Seeds of Hope is so realistic! That chicken story is exactly the way I felt when I was little on the farm!”
- “What a great little book! Our students are really enjoying it.”
There are no reviews yet.