The best way to stay up-to-date with DriverWorks Ink news and events is to sign up for our e-newsletter or follow us on Facebook or Instagram.
SEPTEMBER 2023: DriverWorks Ink is pleased to introduce 2 new books:
See You in Le Touquet – A Memoir of War and Destiny by Romie Christie shares the inspiring story of Romie’s parents’ war story turned love story. Canadian Army Captain Sandy MacPherson (who became a Saskatchewan Queen’s Bench judge), is known as the liberator of the town of Le Touquet (too-kay), France, where he met Dorothy Borutti, who had been imprisoned by the German occupiers for listening to English radio. Nonfiction, Biography, Canadian Military History.
Tunnels of Tyranny – Moose Jaw Time Travel Adventure #4 by Mary Harelkin Bishop finds young Andrea and Tony back in time again in the tunnels below Moose Jaw. On a mission for their grandfather, they soon discover unnerving figures wearing eerie white hoods. Historical fiction, ages 9 and up, updated with illustrations, modern language, and resources.
AUGUST 2023: DriverWorks Ink is pleased to introduce 2 new books:
Crash Harrison – Tales of a Bomber Pilot Who Defied Death by Deana J. Driver tells the inspiring story of 100-year-old war veteran (and Honorary Snowbird) Reginald “Crash” Harrison of Saskatoon, who survived four plane crashes and became a hero to many. Nonfiction, Biography, Canadian Military History.
Don’t They Kick When You Do That? Vol. 2. More Stories of a Prairie Veterinarian by Dr. Gary Hoium shares more amusing anecdotes of Dr. Hoium’s animal and human encounters, experiences, adventures, and stories from his perspective as an “Animal Doc” for 40 years. Nonfiction, Rural Life Humour.
JUNE 2023: Our updated edition of Mary Harelkin Bishop’s book Tunnels of Treachery – Moose Jaw Time Travel Adventure #3 has been selected as a Best Books for Kids & Teens 2023, Junior and Intermediate Fiction (for Tweens ages 8 – 14) by the Canadian Children’s Book Centre! Expert committees of educators, booksellers, and school and public librarians across Canada reviewed 433 submissions, looking for excellence in writing, illustration or performance that will appeal to children and young adults. Congratulations to Mary Harelkin Bishop, cover and inside illustrator Wendi Nordell, and editor-publisher DriverWorks Ink!
MAY 2022: Three of our books have been awarded finalist awards in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards, the largest international awards program for indie authors and independent publishers! Fun On The Farm 3, compiled and edited by Deana J. Driver, was named a finalist in the Humor/Comedy category. Dr. Gary Hoium’s book Don’t They Kick When They Do That was named a finalist in the Memoirs / Career category. Flight: Stories of Canadian Aviation, Vol. 3, written by Deana J. Driver and 14 other contributors, was named a finalist in the Anthology category.
E-books: These titles published by DriverWorks Ink are available as e-books. Search your favourite e-book store by book or author title.
Links to news stories and interviews about our books and authors:
- Author Romie Christie was interviewed about her new book See You in Le Touquet: A Memoir of War and Destiny by CBC Radio Morning Edition – Sask’s host Stefani Langenegger.
- Reg “Crash” Harrison and author Deana Driver talk with the Saskatoon Star-Phoenix about their new book Crash Harrison – Tales of a Bomber Pilot Who Defied Death.
- Dr. Roy Lewis, DVM, interviewed Dr. Gary Hoium about his new book, Volume 2 of Don’t They Kick When You Do That? More Stories of a Prairie Veterinarian, for an article in The Western Producer.
- Dr. Gary Hoium is interviewed by Sask Today about his newest book, Volume 2 of Don’t They Kick When You Do That? More Stories of a Prairie Veterinarian.
- Reg “Crash” Harrison talks – not once but twice – with John Gormley NewsTalk Radio, about his story being captured in the new book Crash Harrison: Tales of a Bomber Pilot Who Defied Death. Listen to the August 23rd interview. Listen to the September 5th interview.
- Author Deana J. Driver and the book’s subject Reg “Crash” Harrison talk with CTV Saskatoon News at Noon about Crash Harrison: Tales of a Bomber Pilot Who Defied Death. The interview begins at 8:06 on this clip.
- Author Deana J. Driver talks about her new book, Crash Harrison: Tales of a Bomber Pilot Who Defied Death, with CBC Radio Saskatchewan Weekend host Shauna Powers.
- Lisa Driver talks about her spiritual coaching and the concepts in her new book You Are Enough: Activate Your Angels & Magnetize a Soul-FULL Life in a CBC Radio Saskatchewan Weekend interview with host Shauna Powers.
- Mary Harelkin Bishop tells Saskatoon Star-Phoenix readers why they should read her updated edition of Tunnels of Treachery – Moose Jaw Time Travel Adventure #3.
- Dr. Gary Hoium, author of Don’t They Kick When You Do That? Stories of a Prairie Veterinarian, talks about some of his memorable adventures with animals with host Garth Materie and listeners of CBC Radio’s Blue Sky program.
- Mary Harelkin Bishop releases Tunnels of Treachery: Moose Jaw Time Travel Adventure #3, the third book in her Moose Jaw Time Travel Adventure Series, in the Tunnels of Moose Jaw – story by Discover Moose Jaw.
- Jennifer S. Wallace presented excerpts of her book Miss G and Me to an audience during Saskatchewan Book Week 2022.
- John Gormley Show radio interview with Evan Wall and author Susanne Gauthier about Evan’s inspiring story in Rebuilding a Brick Wall. The interview is in the On Demand section, April 14, 2022 – and begins at the 20:48 minute spot.
- Jane Smith chats about her nonfiction children’s picture book Murphy Mondays: The First St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog in a Canadian Emergency Room in an interview on the John Gormley Live talk radio show.
- Saskatoon Star-Phoenix Bridges article – Read My Book: Tunnels of Terror: Moose Jaw Time Travel Adventure #2 by Mary Harelkin Bishop
- Moose Jaw Today article on Evan Wall of Rebuilding a Brick Wall – ‘Saskatchewan man remakes himself after devastating head injury‘
- A CBC Radio Saskatchewan Weekend interview with author Jennifer S. Wallace – ‘Miss G and Me‘: Saskatoon’s Jennifer Wallace writes a memoir about her mother’s life as a Saskatchewan nurse from Jamaica
- An interview with Dr. Gary Hoium on CBC Radio about his book Don’t They Kick When You Do That?
- An interview with author Mary Harelkin Bishop about her Tunnels of Time: Moose Jaw Time Travel Adventure #1 book, on John Gormley/ 650 CKOM radio – Look in the “On Demand” section for “GORMLEY – MARY HARELKIN BISHOP – Oct 2 – 12PM”
- CBC Radio Afternoon Edition interview with author Susanne Gauthier and Evan Wall about their new book Rebuilding a Brick Wall
- Moose Jaw Today interview with publisher Deana Driver about republishing the popular Canadian children’s classic, Tunnels of Time: Moose Jaw Time Travel Adventure #1
- John Gormley Live talk radio interview with author-publisher Deana Driver about Flight: Stories of Canadian Aviation, Vol. 1 begins at 1:22 of the clip
- Regina Leader-Post article about Flight: Stories of Canadian Aviation, Vol. 1
- CTV Saskatoon interview with author-publisher Deana Driver about Flight: Stories of Canadian Aviation, Vol. 1
- Saskatoon You Rock TV interview with author Jane Smith about Murphy Mondays: The First St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog in a Canadian Emergency Room
- Saskatoon Global TV interview with Jane Smith about Murphy Mondays: The First St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog in a Canadian Emergency Room
- Regina Leader-Post article on Ron Petrie’s “Thankful” column, one of 70 we included in his book Running of the Buffalo
- CBC Radio interview on the creation of the Fun On The Farm book