Description: What’s the most important thing to remember when making pepper steak? Can a man ever possibly accomplish the task of changing all three diapers of his triplets in one evening? What is the perfect age to learn how to drive in Saskatchewan? Can a person actually lose weight on a mini-Oh Henry Halloween diet? And is it possible to attend the Grey Cup in Regina and not end up loving everybody? Running of the Buffalo is a hilarious collection of 70 columns written by the late Ron Petrie, humour columnist for the Regina Leader-Post. Knowing diddly doots about many things, Ron spent 20 years poking fun at relationships, sex, sports, parenthood, aging and all things related to growing up in Saskatchewan. A man for all seasons, outstanding in his field, Ron Petrie’s unique view of the world will make you giggle, guffaw, chortle and snort. $1 from every Running of the Buffalo book sold will be donated to Raise-A-Reader literacy programs.
ISBN 978-0-9810394-5-9; 6″w x 9″h; 232 pages; 10 illustrations. © 2010; Ages 13 to Adult; Humour; Newspaper columns; Fiction; Nonfiction; Saskatchewan; Prairie Provinces; Family; Rural life; Sports; Geography; Alberta; Literacy; Regina Leader-Post; Saskatchewan author; Canadian.
About the Author: Ron Petrie was born in Preeceville, Saskatchewan; raised on a farm near Lintlaw, Saskatchewan; attended high school in Kelvington, Saskatchewan; and was the student editor of the University of Saskatchewan Sheaf before working at the Post-Review in Hudson Bay, Saskatchewan, the Times-Herald in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, and, eventually, the Leader-Post in Regina, Saskatchewan. Yeah, a bit of a recurring theme there. Ron lived in Regina with his wife Joan and their four children until his passing in 2012.
Responses from Readers:
- “I loved that book so much that I mailed it to my son in Minneapolis. He loved it!”
- “Ron Petrie’s writing is so good. My grandma used to cut out his columns in the Leader-Post and send them to my mom.”
- “I have this book. It’s the funniest book I’ve ever read.”
- “I received the book as a birthday gift. I forgot how good he was. I laughed until I cried.”
- “Our 11-year-old son read Running of the Buffalo and peed his pants laughing! He loved it!”
- “I love Ron Petrie’s writing. He’s hilarious!”